Youth Week Festivities at FCCU
Each year, FCCU celebrates Youth Week to encourage saving among our youth and the importance of proper money management. This year, the theme for Youth Week is 'The Science of Saving'. Most branch locations will be holding events and activities. Kids, make sure to join us so you can receive your idea journal and pen!
- Bismarck - August 10th - 4 pm to 7 pm - Inflatables with water, pizza, drinks and prizes - Jaycee Centennial Park
- Fargo - August 9th - 5 pm to 7 pm - Inflatables, hot dogs and refreshments - 52nd Ave S Branch. Root beer floats at all Fargo locations on August 10th
- Hankinson - August 10th - 9 am to 3 pm - Ice Cream Floats and giveaways - Hankinson Branch
- Jamestown - August 9th - 5:30 pm to 8 pm - Inflatables, pizza, snow cones and prizes - McElroy Park
- Milnor - August 6th through 10th - 8 am to 4 pm - Prizes, giveaways and treats - Milnor Branch
- Napoleon - August 8th - 5:30 pm to 9 pm - Taco in a bag, games, free swimming - Napoleon City Park
- Oakes - July 31st - 11 am to 1:30 pm - Pee Wee reading to kids and giveaways - Oakes Library
- Portland - Aug 6th through 10th - 8 am to 4 pm - Treats, giveaways and games - Portland Branch
- Steele - August 6th through 10th - 8 am to 4 pm - Treats and giveaways - Steele Branch
- Valley City - August 8th - 1 pm - Free movie, Hotel Transylvania 3 - Valley Cinema
- Wahpeton - Aug 6th through August 10th - 9 am to 4:30pm - Giveaways, movie passes and treats - Wahpeton Branch
- Wishek - August 8th - 5 pm to 6:30pm - Pool games, swimming and picnic - Wishek Pool
- Lake Region (Devils Lake, Lakota, Bisbee, St John & Ft Totten) - August 8th - 3 pm to 5 pm - Swimming and refreshments. Ruger Park, Devils Lake
- Larimore - August 6th - 10th - 9 am to 4:00pm - Treats, games and giveaways – Larimore Branch
- Grand Forks & East Grand Forks - August 6th through 10th - 9 am to 4 pm – Treats, games and giveaways - Grand Forks & East Grand Forks Branches
FCCU to Hold Open Houses at Former Agassiz Federal CU Branches
We're excited to welcome our new members that are coming from our merger with Agassiz Federal Credit Union. The operational merger is complete and we're celebrating with open houses held in Crookston and Climax August 13-17. There will be refreshments, door prizes, giveaways and CD and loan specials.
"We invite the community to stop in and celebrate with us." said Garry Gambill, Branch Manager at FCCU. "Agassiz has a long history of serving local communities and we plan to continue this as we move forward as one."
The open house will be held during Crookston's community days called Oxcart Days. FCCU is sponsoring a meet and greet during the Corn and Brat Feed of the community festival. All are welcome to attend the free meal on Thursday, August 16th from 5-7. FCCU will have a tent and will be providing a special treat. Various other activities are planned throughout the week in celebration of Ox Cart Days.
Supply Drive for Hope Lodge
Each quarter FCCU's 225 employees choose an organization to support by raising money and awareness. Beginning in July, FCCU will be supporting the Sandra J. Schulze American Cancer Society Hope Lodge. Located in Rochester, MN, this facility offers private suites for the comfort of its guests and their caregiver. Fostering a home-like environment, the Hope Lodge is equipped with a community dining room, kitchen,
family room, library and laundry facilities. The Lodge also offers guests a wide variety of cancer programs and services that provide information, resources and support.
The lodge is currently in need of specific items including:
- Zip Lock bags (any size)
- Saran wrap
- Aluminum foil
- Laundry detergent
- Dryer sheets
- Gas gift cards
- Monetary donations
Individuals are encouraged to drop off items that they would like to contribute at their local branch. In addition to the supply drive, FCCU employees will also be doing Jeans Fridays and providing a free lunch for the residents of Hope Lodge. The fundraising dates are July 1st - September 30th.
Upcoming Member's Choice Club Events
Join us for our upcoming events:
- Jamestown - Ice Cream Social - August 16 from 2pm to 4pm - FCCU Main Branch
- Jamestown - AARP Driver Safety Course - September 20 time is TBD - FCCU Administrative Office
- Oakes - "Won't You Be My Neighbor" - August 10, 11 & 12 at 7:30pm - Grand Theatre
- Bismarck - Movie - August 9 at 1:30pm - Grand Theatre
- Steele - Ice Cream Social - August 24 - FCCU Branch
Deb Humann Retires after 31 Years with FCCU
After 31 years of service to credit union members, Deb Human will retire from First Community Credit Union on Thursday, August 30th.
Deb began as a teller in Jamestown in 1987 and moved to Bismarck in 1992. During her three decades of service, she held a variety of responsibilities including indirect loans, loan processing, new accounts and IRA; Deb has been a Financial Services Officer since 2013.
"I'm going to miss the members and all the employees I've worked with over the past 31 years," said Deb. She continued, "I remember there was a time when I was nervous to meet with members and a previous manager stuck with me and encouraged me to get into loans. I'm glad she did. It's the most rewarding part of my job to work with members."
In recognition of her retirement, an open house will be held from 1-4 pm on Thursday, August 30th. Cake and refreshments will be served. The event will be held at the Bismarck North branch located at 3201 Weiss Avenue.
Deb and her husband will be relocating to Napoleon to be closer to family.
Join us in wishing Deb a very happy retirement!
Branch Feature - Jamestown
Hello from Jamestown!
We have had some changes in Jamestown and are excited to share them with FCCU members. Nick Schauer joined us in March as VP of the Jamestown Market. Originally from Wishek, he comes to us after spending 15 years at the USDA and most recently as an Assistant VP at a bank in Napoleon. In May, Monica Hieb was promoted to Retail Manager in Jamestown. In addition to serving our members, she now supervises our consumer loan officers. At the same time, Amy Hehr was promoted to Member Services Manager, overseeing the tellers.
FCCU is proud to have started in Jamestown; we have an excellent team and a wide variety of products to support our strong membership. Monica, Kayla and Holly in the main office would love to help you buy that new car or boat. See Mona or Leah to open your new checking or savings account. Tanya can find the right loan to get you into your new home. FCCU also provides business loans and services. Whether you need a farm loan or are looking to start a new business; Nick, Jeremy, and Brianna will be there to show you the way. If you are near our Buffalo Mall location, Deb and Mike can find the right loan for you. When you walk in the door of our Jamestown Main location you'll be greeted by Janine, our receptionist. Last but not least, our great teller staff includes Sharon, Trevor, Nadine, Tiffany, Shirley, Julie and Barb.
Summer is winding down, but not before our Youth Week celebration! We'll be gathering in McElroy Park on Thursday, August 9th from 5:30 – 8 pm. There will be inflatable games, food, treats and prizes. If you're in the Jamestown area, please join us. The Block Party is another fun summer event in Jamestown. Come visit our booth on Thursday, August 30th from 5 – 8 pm. Dozens of businesses and organizations set up booths downtown to welcome the freshmen from the University of Jamestown. The community supports this event and hundreds of people attend each year. Let's hope for favorable weather…it's usually really hot!
We wish you a great rest of the summer and a beautiful fall.
From Nick Schauer and the Jamestown team