Help us feed our communities by donating to local food shelters
We're proud to announce our third quarter fundraiser! As chosen by FCCU staff, we'll be raising money and awareness for local food pantries.
FCCU is making a cookbook and we need your help! Submit your recipes by August 4th to be featured in the book.
Pre-order your cookbook for $10 by calling 1-800-850-7676 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, all proceeds go to local food pantries. August 4th is the pre-order deadline. Cookbooks will be distributed late August.
Food Drive: August 1 – September 23
To support the backpack programs and local shelters, FCCU will hold a food drive at each branch. Here are some suggested items, if you'd like to contribute:
- Canned items such as soup, fruit, vegetable, tuna, beef stew
- Boxed dinners such as macaroni & cheese, rice
- Kid-friendly items such as granola bars, fruit snacks, raisins, graham crackers, fruit cups, pretzels
- Peanut butter, jelly, mayonnaise, salad dressing, spaghetti sauce
- Cold cereal, hot cereal mixes, breakfast bars
- Non-food items such as paper products, soap, shampoo, toothpaste
The items and funds collected will be donated to the following local agencies according to branch:
- Bismarck - Great Plains Food Bank
- Fargo - Great Plains Food Bank
- Hankinson – Richland County Food Pantry
- Jamestown – Salvation Army
- Milnor – Sargent County Food Pantry
- Napoleon - Logan County Food Pantry
- Oakes - Oakes Food Pantry
- Portland – Mayport Food Bank
- Steele – Kidder County Food Pantry
- Valley City – Barnes County Food Pantry
- Wahpeton - Richland County Food Pantry
- Wishek - Wishek Food Pantry
Thanks in advance for your support and helping to feed our communities!
To add some more fun and attention, we're holding a can sculpture contest between the branches. Help your local branch win by supporting the cause!